Yarn Whore

because all the other good names were taken

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Thank god Jesus has risen

Which means that I can buy more yarn. Thanks Jesus!

I bought some sock yarn (Opal). And then I went crazy and bought this:



It's Kim Hargreaves' cardigan called "DEW". I bought the color in "heavenly". I love the color, but I do have a problem knitting with mohair. All the little hairs get in my eyes. So I'm thinking of getting a cashmere or merino 2 ply and knitting it up in that.

So after I tried knitting the pattern for the back without swatching I did something really bold...

I tried swatching it so that I could figure out the lace pattern. Because the lace was way smarter than me.

On a side note: Do you think it would be gauche of me to return the Lantern Moon 14" 4mm ebonies I bought to knit this thing? They only have the tiniest amount of blood on them from when I stabbed myself in the eyes because the points SUCK for picking up lace.

More later on the next yarn purchase...

2 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger lap said...

Mohair is just not friendly in the tear down, which makes my potentially non stressful knitting feel frustrating. But mohair + merino sounds awesome, as does plus cashmere.

And wouldn't your yarn shop be appalled if you didn't return needles that weren't working for you?

Yesterday when we were driving home from Milwaukee looking for a place to eat lunch I decided that Culvers (who had a nice flashing display that "Jesus has Risen") apparently hadn't considered that the risen lord might just crave a frozen custard.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Ebony needles are dark and won't show blood. This may be useful information for the future.

Will the courthouse allow plastic needles? What about...pencils? Pencils, dipped in polyurethane on the tips and with thumbtacks stuck in the erasers...?

I have a pair of plastic round needles with insanely pointy tips. I made my clapotis with them and was *so* happy with the pointiness. I didn't even like the Addis for that project.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home