Yarn Whore

because all the other good names were taken

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Models

For Lap...




Lap asked me what the tiger's name was. It took me a minute to remember. But my memory was then jogged by an email I sent to Galaxy about 18mos ago.

"I'm including happy pictures...the first is of some old fends. The tiger's name is Tricky. I don't know why, it just fit. He's either enigmatic or embarrassed to be seen with his other two companions. Timothy is the turtle. I think he has some mild retardation or residual brain injury. He's very sweet and always smiling like that. Charlie is in the back. I think he was originally named Boo-Boo, but he told me he likes to be called Charlie. I've had Charlie since I was 4. He's lost a little of his beans over the years, and needs help sitting up, but he is a good guy and keeps Tricky in line. Timothy looooves Charlie."

Anyway, here's Timothy helping me show off my progress on the pink sock.


Tricky was being kind of grumpy when I found him hiding under the couch today. He was grumbling something about pink. I can only surmise that he was upset that he had to wear the pink sock/hat. You'll see him again when he calms down.

3 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger lap said...

I love Timothy too, those sawdust-type retro toys are such a weakness for me, and I'm pretty sure the Biz has the giraffe with the flower in its mouth, although hers seems less sizeable than yours do.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Too cute! Your models don't bite you or walk away while you're trying to take a picture. This is a problem I have sometimes.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger lap said...

What's better than leaving for a job interview and finding a big ass box of gifts from your genuis friend in LA?

The box also having freaking TRUFFLES in it too!

Thank you so much for my gift bag for attending the unemployment conference! I will take your cast off yarn any day! I think that Debbie Bliss is yearning (yarning?) to be a shrug for me. Maybe with some felted appliques on it.

In your honor...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home